Narc


Narcissism has finally caught up with me. I think I have evaded it long enough, although bits & pieces of it did get stuck at the end of my pants or skirt once in a while. But it has never had the pleasure of possessing my entire being. Well, not to say that it has now. I've just been slightly bitten recently. My new surrounding is infested by the narcissus bug. Although some would assume that garbed in black would not leave much for the bug to feed on, I sincerely think that this is the whole irony of the situation. Black seems to cause a feeding frenzy for the narcisstic bugs. Because of the monotony, those bitten would find various methods of turning black into a fashion statement, be it in the form of accessories, shoes or other add-ons. I have become very conscious about what I wear to work. Even if the color is mandatory, I have begun to take the effort to ensure that at the very least, the combination is perfect. I would spend time profoundly contemplating my attire for the next day. And being true to the myth of Narcissus, I have also found such pleasure in admiring the woman in the mirror.


But I will not drown for her...

Comments

Popular Posts